Tote Mixing Tips
To ensure optimal mulch colorant performance, Colorbiotics recommends these mixing guidelines:
- Always practice first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory management.
- Prolong shelf life with proper storage.
- Keep product out of direct sunlight
- Do not allow product to freeze
- Look at shaft alignment—it shouldn't be bent.
- Make sure the blades are free to move.
- Ensure the mixer is securely fastened to the tote
- 330-gallon Tote: Move blades down to the bottom of the shaft.
- 275-gallon Tote: Blades should be placed in a higher position on the shaft.
- Because blades won't extend when rotating counterclockwise
60 minutes. That's how long product should be mixed prior to use.
4 months. That's how often product should be mixed in extended storage.
12 inches. That's how low the colorant level can reach before the mixer should be stopped.
View Best Practices PDF