Daily Equipment Maintenance Checklist
Always follow proper lockout/
tagout mulch coloring equipment procedures before entering the machine and performing maintenance.
- Remove the crankcase breather filter from the air compressor and inspect — clean if needed.
- Inspect the air compressor breather cap to make sure the vent hole is open and clear — clean or replace as needed.
- Replace breather filter when saturated with oil or clogged with particulate.
- Using the sight gauge, check oil level — oil should be even with the "fill to
line" indicator. (Note: Check readings when aircompressor is turned off.)
- Grease shaft bearings with general purpose grease — two pumps every 40 hours.
- Inspect and readjust V-belt tension after 50 initial running hours — belts should deflect no more than 1/2-inch when measured in the center of the span. After initial adjustment, inspect monthly and increase tension as needed. Motor mounts should be kept level when adjusting the tension.