Hot Weather Mulch Colorant Tips
In hot weather, mulch colorant can be more challenging to mix. Heat causes evaporation, which makes the mulch colorant on the side of a tote harden. That hardened material could fall into the tote the next time it is used, clogging pump lines and colorant nozzles. Also, heat promotes settling of material.
Follow these important tips for hot-weather mulch colorant use and storage:
- Store mulch colorant inside.
- If it cannot be inside, at least keep it out of the sunlight.
- Move partial totes not emptied during production to a shaded area or inside as soon as production is done for the day.
- It is best to run a full tote during extreme weather, be it hot or cold.
- Be sure to use up a partial tote ASAP.