Tote Mixer Blade Maintenance
Tote mixers are essential for making the most of every drop of mulch colorant — they ensure that colorant is equally distributed. Here are important mixer inspection and maintenance checkpoints:
- Inspect blades weekly, and promptly replace them if they are bent or broken.
- Check that blades can reach as close to the bottom as possible without contact and also rotate in a clockwise direction.
- Be sure shaft is properly aligned, and the motor is able to achieve maximum-rated rpm.
- Mix the mulch colorant with acceptable vortex for 30 minutes and then promptly stop the mixer.
- Mixing less than 20 minutes may result in non-uniform color.
- Mixing longer than 40 minutes can waste energy and produce foam.