Tote Cleaning Checklist
Totes should be cleaned immediately after use before any remaining mulch colorant has the chance to dry. Follow these steps for properly cleaning a tote:
- When mulch colorant level remaining in the tote allows (usually 2 to 4 inches), tilt the tote forward and prop up the side opposite the valve.
- Perform an initial rinse of the inner sides with a minimal amount of water using a standard garden hose with
- When the tote is empty, spray out the tote again and run the remaining water into the mulch coloring machine and switch totes.
- Re-rinse the inside of the tote with as little water as possible to flush out the remaining mulch colorant.
- When all liquid possible has been pumped out, stop the color pump and close the valve. There should be no more than ½ inch of dried colorant and no liquid remaining in totes after cleaning.
- Screw the fill cap on loosely so the inside of the tote can air dry.