Mulch Coloring Equipment Oil Changes
To alleviate premature wear and ensure your mulch colorant equipment is operating at peak efficiency, it's important to perform timely oil changes as outlined in the machine's operator's manual.
Air compressor oil.
- Colorbiotics recommends changing air compressor oil after the first 50 hours of operation (for new machines) and every 250 hours of operation thereafter.
- Use a full-synthetic, non-detergent 30-weight oil, or
oilrefinedspecifically for air compressor use.
- Oil filters should be replaced with every change.
- Gearbox oil should be changed after the first 500 hours of operation (for new machines), then again in three years or after 3,000 hours of operation.
- Gearbox oil recommendations vary depending on
machine; refer to the operator's manual for the type and weight of oil best suited for your specific model.